Things That Make Me Happy:
– when my pharmacist says to me each time I refill my Ambien, “you know those make you drowsy right?” I think he’s joking. I’m pretty sure he’s joking. It just makes me laugh.
– the Pandora quick mix feature on our Roku; we get Shakira, the Rolling Stones, Lady Gaga, Arlo Guthrie, Tom Petty, Tom Waits, AND Nick Cave in rapid succession because of Erik’s weird penchant for outlandish stations (outlandish for him, i mean; see: the Shakira station) and it’s fun.
– fat fashion blogs that have tons of resources for plus size ladies like me. they’ve made me a much better dresser and I love them for it.
– Tina Fey’s new book, which took me all of one day to read.
– the fact that Hulu has Night Gallery for me stream on my laptop on slow workdays. Viva la cheesy sci fi/horror! and Rod Serling, of course.
I have to make lists like these lately. They preserve my mental health. Between all the bad news, the government’s bullshit, my severe ennui with life in general, and our on going snow showers/no sun EVER type of weather, I’ve got to laugh to keep from crying. That said, I’m making Erik help me smoke a chicken this weekend and I’m making another stir fry because that kind of thing definitely puts me in the laughing mood rather than the crying one.
Dinner: Homesick Texan’s pastoral pork tacos
Breakfast: French omelet with cheddar & scallion biscuits
Dinner: smoked chicken, parmesan garlic roasted potatoes, macaroni and cheese (yay carbs)
Breakfast: Pioneer Woman’s sour cream pancakes, bacon
Dinner: I’ve got to use up the steak in our freezer, with asparagus, and yeast rolls
Breakfast: poached eggs with ham and toast – I found a recipe for buttermilk bread that I’d like to try out for toasting purposes
Dinner: chicken, corn and black bean tostadas with melted pepper jack
Breakfast: French toast made with that buttermilk bread
Dinner: shredded beef torta, spicy roasted potato wedges
Breakfast: ham, egg and mushroom scramble, toast or bagel (for me, Erik, not surprisingly, hates bagels)
Dinner: beer braised chicken, mexican rice
Breakfast: I’m really feeling like some oatmeal with bananas and cinnamon
Dinner: ginger scallion beef with broccoli
For the “treats” of the week, I purchased some strawberries and will be making Italian soda with some of them. I’m also, as mentioned above, baking some buttermilk bread, some telera rolls for those tortas, and monkey squares for me. Erik has requested a box of nutty bars from the grocery store for his lunch desserts.